He was the easiest baby in the world. He hardly ever fussed and LOVED to sleep. I know...how spoiled was I!Saturday, November 14, 2009
Drew is Two!
My baby boy turned two on October 27th. I have to keep pinching myself to see if he is really that old already. It feels like he was just born a few weeks ago. But the pictures are proof and so are his actions. He is a toddler to boot. In honor of his b-day, let me give you a brief but detailed synopsis of who he is and what he's all about. Better fasten your seat belt...it's gonna be a wild ride!
He is just about the cutest little thing in the world. Enough said.
He was the easiest baby in the world. He hardly ever fussed and LOVED to sleep. I know...how spoiled was I!
It didn't last long though. I mean this in the nicest way possible, but he is an odd character. Don't believe me? Let me share some examples. He likes to slap himself. It's mostly a mixture of rage and tiredness, but he has done it since he was a wee thing. We are working on his anger management. He's a little OCD. He picks lint off my sweaters and picks crumbs up off the floor to throw away. He empties out drawers not to play with items or even make a mess. He simply wants to see how it works. I can't count how many times I have found him underneath the sink exploring the pipes and garbage disposal. He also likes to put blankets over his head and walk around. He even bumps into walls, but he doesn't seem to care. He gets right back up and starts walking again. It reminds me of ET. He puts on other people's shoes hats and sunglasses not to show off, but to simply try them out. I can't count how many times I have seen him walk by wearing something odd, but completely oblivious to anyone who is looking at him. He does things for him. I cherish his uniqueness.
He LOVES corn dogs. Make no mistake about this. I am not exaggerating. He is obsessed. He would eat them at all three meals if he could.
He is quite the adventurer. He loves the outdoors and is very "boy." He even gets sweaty and smells like a boy. No matter how much a bathe him, within an hour he is stinky and sticky!
He has a knack for getting into trouble. He finds all the "no-no" things and goes straight for them. He steals oreos out of the cupboard every time he gets a chance; colors all over himself and the walls whenever he gets his hand on a marker; climbs into the sink to wash his feet, clothes, and to do his hair (note the next picture!); throws anything of mine into the toilets; and pulls his sister's hair any chance he gets.
He also has a very tender side. Any kind of discipline crushes him. When he gets sent to time out, he is devastated. Indeed, most of the time I have to sit with him and comfort him during the minute and a half he is in there. He always needs to know he is loved and adored. He also loves to sing. Whether it's in his bed at nighttime or in another room during play time, he can always be overheard singing to himself. Some of his favorites are "Jesus Wants me for a Sunbeam", "ABC's", and his all time favorite "Put a Ring on It" by Beyonce. I always hear him through the door going "All the Single Ladies, All the Single Ladies, All the Single Ladies, All the single Ladies. Now put your hands up! Wa-o-o! Wa-o-o!" It's hilarious. He asks for me to put it on all the time.
His two passions in life (apart from food) are trains and his sister. He loves his sister so much. Every time I take her to preschool he is always wondering when we will go pick her up again. He follows her around and always wants to be involved in whatever she is doing. I love watching them together. Nothing else brings me that much joy. He is also OBSESSED with Thomas train. We can't leave the house without a train or a book about trains. He even takes them into the bathtub with him. His mind is on them 24/7. Give the kid a train and he will be occupied for hours.
He was the easiest baby in the world. He hardly ever fussed and LOVED to sleep. I know...how spoiled was I!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
7 comments:
He is soooo handsome!! What a cute boy you have!! I can't wait to see him and all of you again!
When did he turn into a little kid? I swear when you guys were here he was still a baby! I think he looks like a miniature Jon! What a cute boy, looks like you have your hands full! :c)
So funny! Crandall walks around with blankets on his head he has to be a ghost. I tell him you are going to bonk your head he says "I need to be a ghost mom." Okay.
He is a cutie! I can hardly believe we have been away from Rexburg for a little over 3 years...wow! Time is flying! I love that he adores his sister, that is so precious!
Hey Sarah and Jon! How are you all? I finally have a blog now, my address is alisonmarie18@blogspot.com. I love you all :)
No matter how weird he is he is SO cute!
How can he be two already?!? I remember when he was born and no, it doesn't seem like that long ago. I love the fact that he's into Single Ladies by Beyonce..... Gracie LOVES that song and asks for it over and over every time we get in the car. It's funny the little quirks they come with, isn't it?
Post a Comment