Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Weekend Bliss



















This last weekend was a blast for our family. Not really because we did anything that eventful, but just because we got to spend lots of time together. On Friday, we went to our ward's Fourth of July breakfast. It was at a park near our home. We got free food, got to watch some of the ward children try to play Star Spangled Banner on instruments they probably had only been playing for about a month (so cute), and got to talk to friends and play. Jon played volleyball with a bunch of the ward members, and I got to watch (which is much better than playing in my opinion). Volleyball is a dangerous game for me. I think that is actually how I will die. Someone will spike the ball, and it will hit me in the head just at my soft spot and I will instantly die.






Anyway...later that afternoon we went over to some friends' house for a BBQ and to swim. Actually it was their parent's house, and they were out of town. I felt like I was rebellious, like we were having some secret party the parent's didn't know about. It was far from that, but it was nice to pretend. We swam, we ate, we talked, we laughed, and then we went up to the temple at the base of the mountains and watched fireworks all across the valley. It was so nice (until the sprinklers came on out of nowhere and got us soaking wet).






Saturday was just as much fun. We dumped out our change jar and added up all the money in it. We discovered that we had $27, so that was our budget for the day. We priced out tickets to the botanical gardens, and discovered we could afford it. I packed a sack lunch for us, and we drove downtown. When we got there, we found out that if we bought tickets to the botanical gardens, we could get into the aquarium next door for free. We were so excited. The gardens were beautiful, and it was a lovely place to have a picnic. The kids really enjoyed the aquarium. For a smaller aquarium, it sure had a lot to offer. It had big sharks and little sharks, sting rays, jelly fish, eels, pretty much the works. I thought it was pretty cool.






And of course, Sunday was excellent as well. Fast Sundays always are that way, aren't they? Overall, it was a great time, and it's nice to know that we have fun just being together, not doing anything fancy or expensive, just being together.

4 comments:

The Greathouse Family said...

Sounds wonderful! I love week-ends like that!

Laurel R. G. said...

Thats way awesome!! :D

shreevit2beaver said...

$27 dollars! You must have a hug change jar. I hope you didn't have a lot of pennies, that would take a while. I love the picutes of the kids. They are growing so fast.

Rob and Kali said...

Sounds like a great weekend!! It really is nice just being together, not having to spend a ton of money. Those are the times to cherish. Gracie misses Mikayla, and we miss you too! :)